The Adams-Clermont Solid Waste District (a joint district, part of OEQ) is tasked with preparing and implementing the Solid Waste Management Plan for Clermont and Adams Counties. Some of the programs the Solid Waste District is responsible for include:
- designating landfills with enough disposal capacity for waste generated in Adams and Clermont Counties,
- providing enough recycling opportunities for 90% of the population
- managing scrap tire disposal and illegal dumps
- recycling and litter prevention education
- litter clean-up activities
- household hazardous waste disposal
In addition, the District holds quarterly meetings with the Board of Directors which is seated by the County Commissioners from both Adams and Clermont Counties. These meetings are open to the public, for meeting dates visit the Clermont County Commissioner's website.